Fifth Grade Day is a day-long event held to celebrate our 5th grade class as they move on to middle school. The day includes lots of outdoor games and activities, a special lunch, class T-shirts, a DJ, and more! It takes months of planning to make this day a success and most importantly to have a FUN day celebrating our Fifth Graders!
Planning Committee Roles
- Class Gift – Work with 5th Graders and the 5th Grade Teaching team to select and present a gift for the school.
- Games – Plan field day activities and coordinate rental of equipment (e.g. bounce houses).
- Food – Coordinate beverages, snacks and a special lunch.
- T-Shirts/Bandannas, Memory Book, Slide Show – Help with the design of a Class Shirt (given to each student), order colored bandannas to show homeroom pride, and help compile a Memory Book and Slide Show to be presented at 5th Grade Day.
- Fundraising – Lead the fundraising efforts and organize the coin jar collection. The PTO funds the first $2,000 towards event expenses. Fifth Grade families help raise additional funds by collecting spare change throughout the year!
- Chair – The 5th Grade Day chair oversees the overall planning efforts and the committees. The chair is responsible for overseeing the budget, fundraising efforts, and all logistics.
To volunteer to lead a committee or chair 5th Grade Day, please complete this form: 5th Grade Day Planning Committee Sign Up
Event Day Volunteers
- Class Chaperones: Each class will be divided into two teams, each team will have two volunteers who will chaperone the kids from activity to activity. Volunteers will be provided with a detailed schedule as well as a map of where to go.
- Game Leader: Each game/activity will need two volunteers to explain the game to the kids, as well as monitor the games in progress. Games will include: bouncy houses, other inflatables, kickball and more.
- Floaters: Floaters help where needed, walking around the activity area and providing a break for any game leaders or chaperones who may need to use the restroom, etc. You will also help with any student who may need to visit the nurse or take a break from the activities.
Stay tuned to sign up (and make sure to get your clearances before June 6th!!)
Photo Credit: Dawn DiPasquale