Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! There are many great ways to volunteer at O’Hara Elementary School, and serving as your child’s homeroom representative is one of them. It is a year-long commitment and requires clearances. If you are interested in serving as a homeroom representative, please complete the online form below by no later than September 4th.
Homeroom representative responsibilities include:
- Communicating regularly with the classroom teacher
- Coordinating chaperones for classroom field trips
- Organizing an end-of-the-year class gift
- Overseeing the classroom Box Top coordinator
- Overseeing the collections for the Thanksgiving and spring baskets
- Championing volunteer opportunities at school outside of the classroom
Importantly, homeroom representatives are also responsible for overseeing and coordinating volunteers for the classroom parties. This year, the parties will be held on the following dates:
- 10/31 Halloween Parade and Classroom Parties
- 12/21 Holiday Classroom Parties
- 2/14 Valentine’s Day Classroom Parties
- 6/7 End of the Year Classroom Parties
Please note: Each homeroom will have one representative, who will be selected at random from among the submissions. Notifications will be sent on or before September 10th. If you are not selected as a homeroom representative, there are a variety of other volunteer opportunities in the classroom and the PTO will share these throughout the year!
If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to email email@example.com