Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! There are many great ways to volunteer at O’Hara Elementary School, and serving as your child’s homeroom representative is one of them. This position is a year-long commitment and requires clearances. If you are interested in serving as a homeroom representative, please complete the online form here by no later than September 2nd.
Homeroom representative responsibilities include:
- Communicating regularly with the classroom teacher and families
- Championing volunteer opportunities in the classroom
- Coordinating class parties
- Overseeing the collections for the Thanksgiving and Spring Baskets
- Organizing an end-of-the-year class gift
Importantly, homeroom representatives are responsible for overseeing and coordinating volunteers for the classroom parties. This year, the parties will be held on the following dates:
- 10/31 Halloween Parade and Classroom Parties
- 12/20 Holiday Classroom Parties
- 2/13 Valentine’s Day Classroom Parties
- 6/5 End of the Year Classroom Parties
Please note: Each homeroom will have one representative. Notifications will be sent on or before September 6th. A meeting for all homeroom representatives will be held on Thursday, September 12th at 10:15am, immediately following the first PTO meeting of the year. If you are not selected as a homeroom representative, there are a variety of other volunteer opportunities in the classroom and the PTO will share these throughout the year!
If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.