Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year at O’Hara Elementary! There are many great ways to get involved in the PTO, including serving as your child’s homeroom representative. It is a year-long commitment and requires clearances verified through the school.
Homeroom representative responsibilities include:
- Communicating regularly with the classroom teacher and classroom parents and guardians
- Overseeing the end of year class gift for the teacher
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers for classroom parties, class field trips and other special events
- For classroom parties, the representative will receive information from the Party Planning Committee who will have prepared activities and materials specific for each grade and each party. The representative will work with volunteers to execute each party.
- Currently planned parties include:
- 10/28/22 at 10 AM: Halloween (parade time TBD)
- 12/22/22 at 2:00 PM: Winter
- 2/14/23 at 2:00 PM: Valentine’s Day
- 6/2/23 at 10:00 AM: End of the Year
If you are interested in serving as a homeroom representative, please submit the following information no later than 9:00 AM on September 12, 2022 to email@example.com:
- Your Name
- Your Child’s Teacher’s Name and Grade
- If you have served as a homeroom representative in the past
- If you have clearances approved by O’Hara Elementary / Raptor System
Each homeroom will have one or two homeroom representative(s), who will be selected at random from among the submissions. Each representative will serve in only one homeroom. Please note, if you are not selected as a homeroom representative there will be opportunities to volunteer with your child’s class.
If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m looking forward to volunteering with you!
Homeroom Representative Coordinator