The 2018 O’Hara Elementary School Spring Basket Fundraiser is here! This fundraiser is an annual favorite for students, staff and parents alike. It’s also O’Hara PTO’s largest fundraiser – last year we raised close to $9,000! Money raised helps the PTO fund teacher stipends, assemblies, courtyard improvements, O’Hara t-shirts, and more.
How it works:
Students in each class contribute items based on a set theme, and then PTO volunteers assemble the baskets. The baskets will be on display in the Commons Area the week of May 14 – 18, during which time students can purchase raffle tickets from PTO volunteers at school. Each student receives one free ticket for a chance to win the basket of their choosing. Basket winners are randomly drawn on May 18th after school, and winners are notified by email.
How to Help:
- Begin sending in donations NOW through May 11th
- The PTO requests that students bring donations of NEW items (specific to their selected theme as listed below) to their classroom, where collection baskets will be provided. The deadline to donate items is May 11th.
- Donations DO NOT need to be expensive, but something a child would enjoy receiving. For example, if your child had “Movie Night,” you could donate movie passes, popcorn, a DVD, etc.
- Purchase Raffle Tickets the week of May 14th through May 18th
- Each student will receive one free ticket.
- Parents, staff, and students may purchase additional tickets during the school day (8:40am – 3:45pm): 1 for $1, 12 for $10, and 30 for $20. Cash and checks payable to OEPTO are accepted.
- Students will need to write their name and their homeroom teacher’s name on the back of each ticket. Kindergarten & 1st Grade students are encouraged to buy their tickets Monday—Thursday to bring home and write their name and their teacher’s name on the back of each ticket and place in the baskets the next morning.
- Winners will be announced on May 18th via email.
- Volunteer to assemble Baskets on May 11th (all slots filled – thank you for volunteering!)
- Volunteer to Sell Raffle Tickets (clearances required)
Spring Basket Themes:
- Fiore- Legos/Nurf Stuff
- Pacheco- Disney
- Ulanowicz- Super Heroes
- Yokel- Sundae Fun (Think Ice Cream theme)
- Werner- Coloring Craze (coloring books, crayons, markers…)
- Burnett- Pool Time (things you would use at the swimming pool)
- Erdner- Family Road Trip (Mad Libs, Car Games, travel pillows, snacks, books…)
- Gumto- Picnic Time
- Nugara- Candy Land
- Sacriponte- Summer Fun (things kids use in the summer)
- Fownes- Kids Beach Vacation
- Ferrari- Pampered Pooch
- Ivins- Fun with Art (art supplies of any kind)
- McCauley- Camping with Kids
- Peters- Cooking with Kids
- Sirianna- Craft Craze
- Buckley- Let’s Have a Ball (sports related balls – but can be creative)
- Frick- “Favorite Things”- (kind of an anything goes, bring in something you love…)
- Danielson- Game Day (board games, outdoor games…any games)
- Mueller- Planting and Gardening with Kids
- Hong- Basketball Fever
- Tucker- Fun with Writing (paper, note cards, pencils, pens, stamps, stickers, etc.)
- Abati- Fun with Science (games, kits, anything that makes science)
- Thiebaud- Decadent Desserts (baking, making, mixing, prepping, eating)
- Jedlicka- “Kids Stuff” Gift Cards
- Deet- Soccer Craze
- Fetterman- Movie Night (iTunes gift cards, movie tickets, popcorn, candy, etc.)
- Ricci- Spa Day/Relaxing Day
- Ivanusic- Take Me Out to the “Pirates, Steelers, Penguins” Game
- Planz- Star Wars (May the force be with you.)
In addition to the class theme baskets, there are several “Big Kid” baskets that will be up for raffle, including:
- Pirate tickets for 4
- 4 ski tickets & rental tickets to Hidden Valley 2018-2019
- 4 ski tickets & rental tickets to Seven Springs 2018-2019
- 4 snow tubing tickets Hidden Valley 2018-1019
- 4 snow tubing tickets Seven Springs 2018-1019
- Golf for four Hidden Valley 2018
- Golf for four Seven Springs 2018
- Seven Springs Overnight lodging for a family of four
Parents are welcome to sign in to view baskets and purchase tickets. Anyone without clearances will need escorted by a staff member. Tickets will still be on sale during the PTO Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast and Meeting on May 18th (9:15 – 10:15).
We appreciate the support and participation of all the families and students with this fundraiser.
If you have any questions, please comment below or email the Spring Basket Fundraiser Co-chairs: