O’Hara Elementary and the O’Hara PTO are excited to announce a surprise addition to our December calendar: A Drop and Go Movie Night to Benefit Make-A-Wish! Caregivers can enjoy a night out to themselves while their FCASD students in grades K-5 have a pizza dinner and watch the holiday favorite – the Polar Express. Kids are encouraged to wear their PJs (no slippers) for this magic-filled evening at O’Hara. Event proceeds will be donated to the FCASD fundraiser for Make-A-Wish.
- When: Friday, December 14, 6:00 – 8:30pm (2.5 hours of child care)
- Where: O’Hara Elementary
- What: Pizza dinner followed by a showing of Polar Express (G). Popcorn too!
- Who: FCASD Students in Grades K – 5
- Cost: $25/family (up to 3 siblings). Includes dinner & popcorn.
- Advance Registration Required: Register by 12/12!
Nominate a Caregiver for Free Admission
Do you know a caregiver who could use a break? Nominate him or her for a complimentary family registration to the PTO’s Drop and Go Movie Night to Benefit Make-A-Wish! One lucky winner will be selected at random and the $25 fee will be waived! Enter your nomination here by 12/10.
Volunteer to Chaperone
Volunteers are needed to help set up and chaperone the event. Volunteers must have clearances with a Volunteer Badge on file at O’Hara. (All spots filled; email email@example.com if interested in helping out and attending with your children)
Dollar Days for Make-A-Wish: December 10 – 14
O’Hara will also support the Make-A-Wish fundraiser through a week of “Dollar Days.” Students are encouraged to bring a $1 donation and dress to show their support for Make-A-Wish. Here’s the schedule for the week of December 10th:
- Monday, December 10: School Spirit Day
- Tuesday, December 11: Crazy Sock Day
- Wednesday, December 12: Hat Day
- Thursday, December 13: Wacky Hair Day
- Friday, December 14: Festive Sweater/Shirt Day
2 thoughts on “Drop and Go Movie Night to Benefit Make-A-Wish”
This is such a great idea– I wish we could make it. Hope there’s a great turnout and that we’ll be able to help or participate in future events.
Thanks, Jess! We hope the same!