Here’s what you missed at the March PTO Meeting:
STAR Benchmarking Update – Student Data Folders
February STAR benchmarking is complete and Student Data Folders have been created as of February 28th. Copies of the folders should have been sent home with 3rd, 4th and 5th graders (available upon request for students in K-1). Students worked with teachers to create the folders. Students were involved with data graphing, goal setting and reflections. Mrs. Batis reported positive feedback from students. Next year’s Open House will include a Curriculum Night and STAR benchmarking will be one of the topics covered. In the meantime, teachers are available to answer questions and address concerns.
Additional Lunch Monitors Added
Mrs. Batis shared that two additional monitors have been added for increased coverage during lunch/recess.
Renovations to Begin in June
The O’Hara Renovation project will be going out to bid (it’s really happening!!). Mrs. Batis shared an overview of the proposed Phases and Timeline (tentative and subject to revision, of course!):
- Phase 1 (Begins June 2017, Ends August 2017): Office, Commons, Cafeteria, Library, Art Rooms, Playground
- Phase 2: (October 2017) 5th Grade Classrooms/Hallway
- Phase 3: (November 2017) 3rd/4th Grade Classrooms/Hallway
- Phase 4: (December 2017) 1st Grade Classrooms/Hallway
- Phase 5: (January 2018) 2nd Grade Classrooms/Hallway
- Phase 6: (February 2018-August 2018)Kindergarten Classrooms/Hallway, Auditorium, Gymnasium, Music Areas
For additional information on the planned renovations, attend one of the upcoming Principal Coffee Hours (RSVP requested):
- April 19, 2017 (9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)
- April 20, 2017 (4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
PSSA Administration Begins April 3rd
The PSSA schedule for 3rd, 4th and 5th graders is as follows:
Mrs. Batis emphasized that the goal is to maintain a sense of normalcy throughout the testing period with a slightly modified schedule. Testing will begin promptly at 9:10am. Families are asked to avoid scheduling appointments during the testing periods (students arriving late are not permitted to enter their home room if testing has begun).
Sample PSSA materials are available online at the Pennsylvania Department of Education Website.