Last month we welcomed over 50 members of the O’Hara Elementary community to our first morning meeting of the year. Our next meeting will be the first evening meeting of the year, and we’re looking forward to seeing everyone who can attend. We will meet in the O’Hara auditorium from 6pm – 7pm this Thursday, October 18th. Children are welcome to attend if needed.
10/18 PTO Meeting Agenda
- PTO Committee and Activity Updates – learn about upcoming projects and opportunities to help out. We’ll also provide a status on some ongoing and completed projects.
- Discussion on Elementary Curriculum with Dr. Ashley Nestor
- Principal Update – School Safety and Parent Teacher Conferences
- Box Tops are due to homeroom classes by 10/19. Each Box Top earn $.10 for O’Hara. Those dimes add up quickly – last year we raised $1,400! If every student at O’Hara turned in just 25 Box Tops, we’d quickly surpass that goal. At 50 Box Tops/student we’d more than double our earnings from last year, providing an opportunity to invest even more in our school. There will be another collection in Spring, so we encourage you to keep on clipping (and get your neighbors and family to clip with you!)
- We need volunteers! There are several open and ongoing volunteer opportunities, including:
- Family Friendly Imagination Playground Clean Up – 10/18 at 10am (younger siblings welcome; clearances are not required).
- Traveling Art Gallery (TAG) – Sign up now to share just 4 hours of your time over the course of the year and help foster a life long appreciation of art!
- O’Hara Foxes Club – We’ve got O’Hara’s new after school enrichment program up and running, and now we need a chair to take over. This is your opportunity to help bring exciting new programs to O’Hara! Sign up today or email email@example.com to find out more.
- District Forum Representative – District Forum is seeking additional representatives from the O’Hara PTO. If interested, please email District Forum President Marybeth Dadd.
- Classroom Volunteers – Did you miss the sign up to express interest in classroom parties, field trips, and other opportunities to help out in the classroom? Email your Homeroom Representative(s) and let them know you want to help out!
Dates to Note
- 10/19 Last day to turn in Box Tops for Fall Collection
- 10/24 PALS Meeting Roots of Faith 800 Main St. Sharpsburg 9:15 am
- 10/26 Early Dismissal
- 10/31 Halloween Parade (2:10) and Classroom Parties (2:45)
- 11/5 Early Dismissal – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/6 No School – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 11/13 District Forum Meeting, High School LGI Room, 7pm – 8pm
- 11/15 Next PTO Meeting 9:15 am O’Hara Auditorium