Hello O’Hara Families! Classroom assignments have hit mailboxes and the countdown is officially on for the first day of school! Be sure to mark your calendars for these August events and dates to note:
- Monday, August 20, 2018 (4:00 – 6:00 p.m.) PTO Sponsored Incoming Kindergarten Family Meet Up at the Playground. Have a child entering kindergarten at O’Hara Elementary this year? Your family is welcome to join the O’Hara PTO for an informal playdate at the school’s playground on August 20th from 4-6pm. New kindergarteners can meet their classmates and explore the playground, while parents can mingle and get any last minute questions answered by PTO representatives. We will have water and pretzels available, but feel free to pack a picnic dinner and enjoy a relaxing end-of-the-summer evening with your family.
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018 (5:00-6:00 p.m.) Meet and Greet for all grades. Students and families are invited to visit the building, see their classrooms, and meet their teachers. [Want a sneak peak at who’s in your class before the 23rd? Pop on over the PTO Facebook page to connect with families]
- Thursday, August 23, 2018 First Day of School
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018 School Pictures
- Thursday, August 30, 2018 (5:00 – 7:00pm) Curriculum Night (Parents/Guardians only, please, stay tuned for more details).
- Friday, August 31, 2018 Early Dismissal (1:30 p.m.)